Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Churchy update

So I went to church again! It's a trend after 2 times in a row right? I really enjoyed going and some of it probably had to do with the excellent company. I LOVE going to church with my boyfriend. It was a wonderful experience even if all the talks were aimed right at us haha. Sacrament meeting they talked about becoming like Christ and prayer. I definitely need a lot of help with the prayer thing. I justify not praying way too often and I have for years. Some of the time I felt like a hypocrite. I didn't want to seem like I was only praying when I needed help so I didn't even do that. My scripture reading just happened to coincide with this topic as well. Satan doesn't want us to pray. If we don't have a relationship with God then it's easier for him to sink his hooks into us. I currently need all the help I can get. I can't let Satan have any advantage.

The next meeting was about Eternal Marriage. I was teasing my bf about that but I took notes for us haha. I have to admit that all that stuff seems really strange to me. I'm uneasy about it and it seems very cult-like and ritualistic. I'm sure it will all work out, I'll just have faith.

The whole weekend was really awesome and I was sad when it ended. It's hard when you don't know when you'll be able to do something like that again. I think it's easier to go to church and follow the standards when you have people around you to support you. It helps if they are living the same and having the same struggles. It gives you someone to lean on and in turn they can lean on you.

I've come across a lot of interesting things in my scripture reading. I keep telling myself I need to read with a marking pencil so I can go back to them later but I know I'll be distracted if I do that. I'll want to write about ALL of them and it will take me forever to get through the Book of Mormon. Next time around, I'll do that. I'll only write about the things that impress me the most. I thought it was very interesting that my scripture study was about prayer the same day that they talked about it in church. I think if God has to tell me to pray again he will be doing it with a swift kick to the butt so I better listen now!

No comments: