Thursday, August 20, 2009

Older and wiser?

I can't help but notice that as I'm reading the scriptures, they seem a heck of a lot easier to understand. I'm having fun reading them and finding things in them that pertain to my life and to those close to me. I've even made one joke with a scripture so far! Geeze, that's crazy talk right there.

Perhaps because I have been away from the teachings for so long, everything seems a little more new. I just read about Abinidi and I KNEW how the story ended from being taught it long ago but it was still so interesting to me. I was on the edge of my seat almost! Have you ever seen someone watch a movie and then get so disappointed at the end because a certain character died? After that, you find out that they've SEEN the movie before. I always think to myself, why did you think this time you were watching it would be different? It's funny! Anyway, that's how I felt when I was reading about Abinidi lol. I'm a dork, I know. I know these stories, I've been taught them for most of my life. Still, it's been long enough that now when I read them, I don't think of them as some story any more. I think of them as things that have happened to real people. I wonder how I would have felt if I had been going through the same things. I wonder what their lives were like. It just seems a lot more real to me.

My scripture of the day

Mosiah 24:15
And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen themthat they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.

My goal is to submit cheerfully and have faith in the Lord that he has a plan for me. The hard times won't always be hard.

No comments: