Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Natalie epiphany.

Honesty. Have I always been this honest with myself and everyone around me? I don't think I have! Then I got to thinking about it. Why haven't I? It's so gosh darn important to me now, why wasn't it always. I never outright lied but I wasn't always as open and blunt as I am now. On the surface the answer is obvious. Being married to a pathalogical liar, of course, pits me against lying. I talked with a friend today and he said that confidence goes with honesty. I dismissed it right off. It seemed like two completely unrelated things. It stuck with me though and I started thinking about it more and more. They do go together. If I value myself, then I don't have anything to hide. I don't have to lie to make myself look or seem better. I love who I am and I am proud to let the world see it too. I haven't always felt that way and I haven't always been completely honest with myself about my flaws. As I've started becoming more and more comfortable with who I am, I've either changed the things I don't like about myself or I've accepted them and seen the good in it. Everyone is different and no one is perfect. If you are a liar, look at the reasons why you feel the need to lie. and then change them or be at peace with who you are and stop trying to hide it.

No comments: