Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Contemplation of a 4 letter word

I've been contemplating lately what the signs of love are. I thought I knew at one point but now of course I'm questioning that. How can I tell when I'm IN love and when I just love someone? I've always loved people very easily. There is usually something to value in everyone. When I was growing up, my mom told me that it's hard to get along with everyone you come in contact with. If you move past anything annoying and really look for something you admire or like in a person, then it's easier to dismiss everything else that you didn't like in the first place. That was the general idea that she was trying to convey to me. I have tried to always do that in my life. I honestly have only had to use that trick maybe once or twice before and it has always worked for me. The simple thought of knowing that there is something worthwhile about every person, even if you can't see it at first, helps me get along with them early. I think that may be why it's hard for me to know at this point. It's scary for me to know this about myself and then want to make myself vulnerable again.

Anyway, back to the original question. How can I tell which love I'm feeling? Is it strictly an added element of attraction? It's hard to know when you think everyone you meet is worthy of love.

I'm relatively new at the concept of being heartbroken. Of course there were times before my marriage that my feelings would be unrequited but it isn't the same at all. When it's unrequited, it's pretty crappy the whole time but it doesn't take on any more depth than that. It's a difference of feeling hurt and feeling utterly betrayed.

How do you move past it?

So these are just my random thoughts I've had lately on the subject. The answers are what I'll be working on and looking for.

No comments: